The Episcopal Church of Chequamegon Bay
ChurchesChurchesOfficiant ServicesService OrganizationsWedding Venue
Our congregation—Episcopal Church of Chequamegon Bay—meets at Christ Episcopal Church, which traces its beginnings to 1856. The present building, listed on the National Register of Historic Places was erected beginning in 1870, with later additions of the bell tower (1883) and the high altar, apse, and beautiful stained-glass windows (1893).
Walk around the church if it is not open, sit on a bench, and enjoy the peace near the building—constructed of local white pine.
The mission of the church (part of the Diocese of Eau Claire) is to witness through liturgy, music, and outreach to the community.
Contact the priest-in-charge to arrange a wedding in the church or outside in the garden.
In summer 2019, Christ Church will host two of the Bayfield Summer Concerts.