Madeline Island Museum
Madeline Island Classes & WorkshopsMuseumsClasses & WorkshopsMuseumsTravel GreenWedding Venue
One of Wisconsin's most historic places beckons the adventurer in you. Heed the call!
For more than three centuries, generations of Native Americans, fur traders, lumbermen, old salts and summer travelers have responded to Madeline Island's siren song.
Discover for yourself the timeless allure of this place. Complete your island experience with a visit to a museum dedicated to Madeline Island's storied past and energetic present.
Experience more than 300 years of Island history:
- from Ojibwe lifeways to the fur trade
- from missionaries to loggers
- from boat building to fishing - and more!
Special children's exhibits and activities.
Family and group rates available.
Museum Store features books, handmade jewelry, Ojibwe crafts, and other unique gifts.
Our facility and grounds are available for rental for special events.
Visit the Madeline Island Museum Website for more information.
Owned and operated by the Wisconsin Historical Society.
- Click to see all our upcoming events.
- Visitor Appreciation Days Half-Price Admission & Complimentary Return Ferry
- A Day on the Green: Madeline Island Celebrates Independence Day July 4, 2017
- Connecting Cultures: Exploring the Lake Superior Fur Trade July 14-16, 2017
- Anishinaabe Cultural Days Sept 23-24, 2017