Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua - Marketing Manager
Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua, located in the beautiful Chequamegon Bay area, is a nonprofit performing arts organization with a mission to provide entertaining and educational cultural activities with an emphasis on celebrating history and the environment. For 33 years, Big Top has been presenting approximately 60 performances and events from June - September in an intimate 900 seat, canvas tent venue, as well as regional touring performances. Big Top has produced the nationally-broadcast radio program Tent Show Radio for more than 20 years.
- Work collaboratively with all Big Top staff to ensure marketing and communication efforts support Big Top’s mission and the strategic plan.
- Develops and executes annual marketing and communications plan.
- Prepares and manages budgets for the Marketing and Communications plan.
- Establishes long-term goals and objectives to improve overall ticket sales and promotion of the Big Top experience.
- Cultivates relationships with media professionals in the region.
- Leads the Public Relations effort, representing Big Top to the public and media organizations.
- Seeks free media exposure, stories, trade sponsorships, articles, mentions, etc.
- Maintains company website to ensure it remains updated, accurate and attractive.
- Leads a coordinated plan for social media.
- Designs and produces season marketing brochures, flyers and advertisements.
- Oversees Big Top merchandise design and purchasing.
- Ensures wide distribution of Big Top materials throughout the area during ticket sales season.
- Manages all outside vendor partnerships related to marketing and communications.
- Produces print and digital pieces to support various aspects of Big Top including but not limited to touring, development, box office and merchandise.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing and communications management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and contacts for creating earned media.
- Experience in planning, creating and executing digital advertising and social media strategies.
- Moderate to advanced graphic design skills, including understanding of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Photography skills a plus.
Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua
101 W. Bayfield Street
PO Box 455
Washburn, WI 54891
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.