Pikes Bay Marina- Service Department: Service Writer & Parts Coordinator Position Opening
Pikes Bay Marina- Service Department:
Service Writer & Parts Coordinator Position Opening
First contact for service customers via telephone, electronically and in person. Provides the customer with a pleasant and positive experience. Assesses the needs of prospective customers and documents all concerns to clarify any issues. Coordinate all service work to be performed in the Marina service department. Liaison to the Customer and Marina General Manager regarding service work. Provide professional, high-level customer service to potential and current customers.
Answer incoming calls and greet walk-in customers for the Marina’s service department.
Perform an initial assessment of the customer’s boat to identify the malfunction or issue.
Prepare service requests, including estimated costs and time frame of repairs. Communicate estimate to customer.
Prepare and send out customer invoices when service work is complete.
Order and receiving of parts, supplies and tools as needed to complete the service requests and other marina tasks.
Enter all service requests into the Marina’s services software, including but not limited to, customer information, hours to complete work, price and a description of service to be done.
Route all service work to the technicians.
Interact with customer regarding the nature and time frame of the service performed and information in answer to inquiries about products, accounts, and services.
If additional service is needed, contacts the customer to describe the work, why it is necessary and how much it will cost. Once authorized to do the work, notifies the technician.
Submit, process and schedule warranty claims.
Address and resolve all service concerns and complaints from the customer. Refer unresolved service complaints to appropriate personnel for investigation and resolution.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned by the Marina General Manager.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Expert problem-solver. Ability to sort through complex issues and conduct comparative analysis of multiple solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of parts and supplies used in the maintenance and repair of commercial and pleasure boats.
- Interest in helping and working with customers. Strong customer service skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and manage effective time pressures, stress and rapid change.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as other applicable computer programs and software.
- General knowledge of the daily operations of the Marina as relates to this position.
- Experience within the marina industry preferred, but not required.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Experience in customer service activities.
Working Environment & Conditions
- Work is performed mainly indoors.
- Position requires 40 to 50 hours per week during peak season. (April – November)
- $16-20/Hour based on skills and experience.