Bayfield Carnegie Library Director
The Director is responsible for the daily operation and implementation of programs of the Library. This includes assisting the Library Board in the development of policies and procedures; personnel management including assistants, substitutes and volunteers; budget preparation and monitoring; purchase, access, storage and control of materials; design, evaluation and assessment of library services and resources; preparation of all reports; communication between governmental agencies; overseeing the maintenance and safety of the building and grounds; and promotion of library and community resources. Ability to use and facilitate video and audio conferences and webinars is strongly preferred. This is a full-time position.
SALARY: $49,046/year ($23.58/hour) plus benefits.
(10% reduction during first year introductory/training period)
HOURS/POSITION: Variable hours, 40 per week, including evening and weekends, as scheduled. Library Board prefers full-time applicants.
• High school graduation
• Two years college education
• Wisconsin Public Librarian certification or eligible - Grade III
• Five years previous public library administrative experience preferred
• Demonstrated commitment to community service
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 17, 2021
• Personal interview (likely virtual)
• Meet with Library Board members (informal, virtual)
Packet of Application:
- Letter of interest -- please briefly address your approach to assessing and addressing the needs of a
2. Resume and list of courses if without a degree
4. Two professional references