TITLE: Facility Maintenance Technician
SUPERVISOR: Facilities Manager
WAGE: $10.00 hr
SHIFT: Days/Nights/Weekends/Holidays as needed
POSITION: Hourly non-exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, this person completes assigned general maintenance duties. Maintains tools, equipment and supplies in good, clean, operating order. Friendly, professional, attitude required at all times. Must be willing to work weekends, nights, and holidays. Neat clean appearance is a must.
- Must have experience in general maintenance, i.e. – construction, plumbing, electrical, cleaning, and safety.
- Experience with the safe operation of a variety of power and hand tools and methods for maintaining general building appearance and operation, both inside and out.
- Valid Class D Driver’s License is required. HVAC, swimming pool maintenance and chemical testing, and appliance repair preferred.
- One year of experience at a journey level in a building trade such as carpentry, painting, masonry, electrical; or,
- A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must adhere to Legendary Waters Resort & casino’s policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Perform general preventive maintenance.
- Perform general carpentry work.
- Perform miscellaneous maintenance tasks.
- Remove snow/ice from sidewalks, parking lots, stairs, ramp ways, exits, and facilities.
- Maintain electrical systems, plumbing, appearance and function of all aspects of the building and grounds, including construction, repair, and all seasonal ground maintenance.
- Performs electrical repairs such as replacing switches and wiring; repairs refrigeration equipment; installs sprinkler systems and water lines; repairs faucets, sewers, plumbing, boiler room equipment, pumps, check valves, boiler lines, heating and ventilating systems.
- Control of tool and repair supply inventory.
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure that all safety equipment is in operating order.
- Notify supervisor immediately of any problems, crisis, and emergency situation.
- Maintain cleanliness of facility.
- Assist other departments as necessary.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Perform other duties assigned.
The Red Cliff Tribal Council has a drug free workplace policy and adheres to the intent of the drug free workplace act. All new hires are subject to a drug test prior to starting.
Native American preference applies; yet all qualified applicants will be considered.