Under the direction of the Kitchen Manager the Kitchen Supervisor (KS) is responsible for planning and directing food preparation in a kitchen. The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the operations and running the shift of an assigned work group within the kitchen. The work group typically consists of 2 to 4 Prep Cooks and/or Line Cooks. The KS also has contributory financial responsibility for food costs, labor costs and kitchen supplies for the kitchen. Friendly, professional, attitude required at all times. Must be willing to work weekends, nights, and holidays. Neat, clean appearance is a must.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Preferred 2 years of kitchen supervisor experience in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Culinary school background a plus.
- Able to work ten hour-plus shifts plus ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs as needed.
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc.
- Able to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat and work in a confined area.
- Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature and presentation and preparation.
- Must adhere to Legendary Waters resort & Casino’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper staffing levels by recruiting, interviewing and hiring talented kitchen staff members following Company guidelines
- Supervises assigned staff, including scheduling, performance feedback.
Is responsible for ongoing training and professional development of staff members
effectively communicates to management to ensure effective and efficient operations without issue.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding the written restaurant budgets for the work unit (i.e., food cost, food efficiencies, labor cost and direct kitchen expenses).
- Sets operational goals and follow-up plans for the work unit. Directs and holds all work unit staff accountable for those goals.
- Assists in implementation and maintains all kitchen systems.
- Ensures compliance with inventory procedures.
- Maintains food quality standards for the restaurant. Oversees all phases of food procurement, production and service, including, inventory and ordering, storage and rotation, food preparation, recipe adherence, plate presentation, and service and production time standards.
- Conducts daily line checks, food reviews and recipes of the day. Ensures that clear feedback is provided to the entire kitchen team, including staff and management.
- Conducts monthly housekeeping, food safety and sanitation and facility reviews personally to improve restaurant standards of kitchen team and to correct deficiencies on a timely basis.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the kitchen by maintaining to specified standards, passing Health Department audits with a 90% or better, and training staff on proper sanitation guidelines
- Ensures that the kitchen staff avoid cross contamination, improper food handling and/or storage practices, etc., through proper training and supervision
- Must adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
Not a smoke free environment.
The Red Cliff Tribal Council has a drug free workplace policy and adheres to the intent of the drug free workplace act. All new hires are subject to a drug test prior to starting.