Accounts Payable Clerk
TITLE: Accounts Payable Clerk
WAGE: $12 Hr.
SHIFT: Days/Weekends/Holidays or as needed
CLASSIFICATION: Gaming License Required
POSITION: Full-time, non-exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk reviews and processes for payment purchase orders, invoices, statements, and/or other check requests as appropriate. Friendly, professional attitude required at all times. Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Neat clean appearance is a must.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and financial systems.
- Knowledge of billing and collecting procedures.
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of accounts payable procedures.
- Knowledge of purchase orders and related accounts payable documentation.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements, and other request for payment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be able to use a 10-key calculator.
- Skill in using accounting software.
- Skill in account balancing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must adhere to Legendary Waters Resort & Casino’s policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Receives and reviews purchase orders, check request, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Matches original invoices and request for payment with internal purchase orders or check request.
- Posting invoices into accounts payable system.
- Daily check runs for invoices due.
- File paid items into A/P files.
- Communication with vendors via email or telephone.
- Verifies documents for accuracy of pricing, quantities, tax and freight against purchase orders.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, sit, and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Not a smoke free environment.
The Red Cliff Tribal Council has a drug free workplace policy and adheres to the intent of the drug free workplace act. All new hires must pass a drug test prior to starting.
Applicants should be advised that the Tribe reserves the right to disqualify applicants whose prior activities pose a threat to the public interest.
Native American preference applies; yet all qualified applicants will be considered.