Guest Services Manager
The Guest Services Manager is a full-time, year-round position that has an emphasis on Front Desk management. This management position will oversee all lodging reservations and customer service and assure that the staff are fully trained and have the tools necessary to perform their jobs. Maintaining the high standard of operations of The Bayfield Inn’s lodgings, welcoming & directing guests, offering excellent customer service, handling of difficult situations and phone calls, supply ordering, interviewing, scheduling, and building strong employee and customer loyalty are some requirements of this position. The Bayfield Inn’s hotel front desk is the heartbeat and main source of information for all of our lodging guests and dining patrons.
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer service
- Ability to successfully lead in a fast-paced work environment
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate to advanced electronic (communication) skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- High level of organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, make educated decisions, and facilitate immediate lodging changes/needs in sometimes stressful situations while maintaining good business practices
- Ability to exhibit plenty of patience with people and understanding when they are visibly, physically, and/or verbally upset
- Ability to maintain control and composure in difficult situations and exhibit good judgement
- Ability to accept responsibilities, but also possess the ability to delegate tasks to willing and able staff to meet immediate business demands
- Conflict resolutions skills (both staffing & customer issues)
- Working knowledge of lodging reservation software systems: programming, operations, auditing, reconciliation, & reporting. The Bayfield Inn uses Eviivo.
- Some working knowledge of equipment used in office area to communicate issues to repair & maintenance technicians.
- Monthly Health Care premium reimbursement. Requires proof of payment to a bona fide health insurance premium. 90-day probationary period before initiation.
- PTO (includes holiday, sick & personal/vacation). 90-day probationary period before initiation.
- Potential End of year bonus based on company performance.
- Hourly Wage will commensurate with experience. Overtime is paid at time and a half and based off 40-hour work week.
- Food & Beverage Incentive Program
The Bayfield Inn has been hosting guests to the area for nearly 100 years. Our hotel offers 21 modern boutique-style hotel rooms. The Bayfield Inn’s Hotel operates 365 days/year and several months out of the year the operation is staffed at Guest Services 24/7. We also manage more than 25 various vacation rentals ranging from single room suites to a 5-bedroom home. We find the perfect accommodation for most any traveler. The Bayfield Inn’s food & beverage program consists of 3 separate service areas: Lakeside Dining Room, The Lounge, & The Deck (seasonal). Additionally, we offer a carry-out service which has really taken off with the Covid-19 pandemic. We pride our selves in setting the standard for cleanliness, modern amenities, quality food & drinks and unsurpassed customer service in all areas of our establishment.
How to get an application:
>Print one from our website www.thebayfieldinn.com/employment-opportunities.
>Pick one up in-person at 20 Rittenhouse Avenue, Bayfield.
How to submit an application:
>Scan/Email a completed application to email@example.com.
>Drop off a completed application at 20 Rittenhouse Avenue.
>Mail a completed application to PO Box 810, Bayfield, WI 54814.
>Fax a completed application to 715.779.9810.
>Submit a cover letter & resume via any of the avenues listed above.
An outline of essential functions on the full job description can be provided upon request.
The position will be posted until filled.