Bayfield Model Railroad Coordinator
The Bayfield Heritage Association (BHA) is seeking a seasonal, part time (10 hours per week at $15/hour during our 3 month museum season), coordinator to support the Bayfield Model Railroad (BMRR) exhibit in BHA's free local history museum. The BMRR exhibit is unique in that visitors tend to spend up to 1 hour examining the intricate details and asking questions about the evolution of downtown Bayfield. This exhibit becomes a launching board for learning and interaction – bringing our local history to life.
The BMRR Coordinator is a newly created position with funding for one museum season and, if successful, with possible continuation for future seasons. This position will help us to improve the exhibit experience, interpret the history and evolution of downtown Bayfield for our visitors, and generate a strong following of new supporters and other knowledgeable volunteers.
- Staffing the BMRR exhibit during BHA’s June - September museum season, 2-3 days per week (1:00 - 4:00 pm; Tues - Sat), and helping to coordinate volunteer coverage for the other shifts;
- Helping to train, recruit and serve as a resource to BMRR volunteers;
- Informing the development of interpretive materials such as a brochure, exhibit guide, and interactive pieces for children (i.e. educational scavenger hunt); and
- Establishing a schedule for, and operating, the model train; and
- Working with BHA staff and Board Members to initiate a ‘Model Railroad Club’ and/or invite groups such as the Road Scholars or other similar groups from around the region to schedule special visits of the BMRR exhibit.
Qualifications: High school diploma (required); 2-4 year higher education degree (preferred). The ideal candidate is curious, friendly, and a good communicator. This person is knowledgeable about Bayfield's local history, or has a strong passion for learning about and sharing this history. Experience developing or working with model train layouts is a bonus.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and 2-3 references to Megan Boyle, Executive Director, at bayfieldheritageED@gmail.com.