Summer 2021 Internship - Production Tech
Summer 2021 Big Top Chautauqua Internships
Big Top Chautauqua Internships provide training and experience to interns during our summer season. Consider joining the Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua team for our 2021 summer season. We seek interns looking for an opportunity to learn how a professional venue operates from the inside. The ideal candidate is eager to learn, has some experience, is a hard worker, gets along well with others, and enjoys music and working outdoors in a beautiful, rural, setting on the shores of Lake Superior!
As a Big Top Intern you become an integral member of our team, working with staff and other interns.
You'll interact with Big Top board members, patrons, touring personnel, artists, musicians and business
leaders who can all add to your professional experiences.
The Big Top Chautauqua internship program provides educational experiences and on-the-job training
with our professional theater and music industry staff. Big Top’s unique blend of programming gives
interns diverse opportunities of experience in both live theater and music concert production in our
one-of-a-kind, 1,000-seat canvas theater tent.
Mid-June to mid-September. Internships are typically 16 weeks long, with flexible
start and end dates. Summer internships are full time unless arranged prior to start.
(40+ hours per week)
- Paid stipend: $2000-$4000 based on length of internship
- College credit (not required)
- Guest Pass to all performances
- Discounts at Big Top Gift Shop
- Housing is provided on venue grounds, however space is limited and first come-first serve.
- Interns are encouraged to have a car, as “The Tent” is not accessible by public transportation.
Required Application Materials:
- A cover letter with a brief personal statement and an outline of career goals, specification of which internship(s) is desired.
- A resume listing relevant courses, previous experience, and special skills.
- 2 academic and/or professional recommendations.
For more information, contact Kristen Walczak via email email@example.com
Submit an application via email. Big Top will confirm receipt of applications via email.
Visit http://bigtop.org/jobs to download the 2021 Application.