Maintenance Facilities Worker
Performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining Old Rittenhouse Inn, Inc. buildings, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment areas in clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors and other employees as necessary.
- Receives oral or written orders from Maintenance Supervisor
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Cleans and repairs rooms, hallways, restrooms, offices, stairways and windows.
- Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, strip and wax floors.
- Uses vacuum cleaners to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and blinds.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors and sills.
- Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Performs touch up and finish painting.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Replenishes restroom supplies.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and function rooms/events.
- Clears snow from entrances and walkways.
- Picks up and delivers supplies and materials to rooms.
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Opens and closes library building according to security procedures.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor.
- Participates in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
- Uses hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds and walks.
- Assists in shipping and receiving of library supplies and materials.
- Provides assistance to officials, staff, visitors, and other employees as necessary.
- Checks building at beginning and end of shifts.
- Participates in building coverage by working evenings and Saturday rotation as required.